Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Well this has certainly been a long time coming!! Back in February I set a goal that I would blog my journey and every time I started a blog the perfectionist in me would come out fighting and after hours of "playing" I got absolutely nowhere and put it in the too hard basket!! WELL NOT TODAY!

So with a forewarning that Im not going to edit (please dont roll your eyes at spelling and grammar mistakes) this blog will basically be a diary of my ramblings and groundbreaking thoughts and ideas as they occur to me on a daily basis :)

Shall we begin with some background? In February 2011 I was at rock bottom, terribly depressed, extremely overweight and unfit, a recluse shying away from friends and family, life was not good. My lightbulb moment? I was thinking about my niece Abby who suddenly passed away in July 2010, poor Abby didnt have a chance to live her life and here I was wasting mine. I realised it was all a choice, stay in my comfort zone and be miserable or change and be happy, simple. I chose change and embarked on a journey that 6 months later sees me happy, healthy and optimistic about my future...oops I'm getting ahead of myself!

Knowing exercise would help the depression I remembered this program a lady had mentioned on the Weight Watchers forum which was based on exercise and calories, Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation! Perfect, I was over WW points and wanted an exercise focus so knowing nothing about it I signed up on the 20th Feb 2011. How excited was I to see it started the very next day!!!

I was behind the 8 ball as pre season had been open for 4 weeks already and there were all these tasks to do. I started following the meal and exercise plans straight away and worked through the tasks in that first week.

I set goals really not expecting to reach them, they were pie in the sky things like "lose 20kg" and "run 5km non stop" yeah whatever lets just do what i can and be happy with what I get right??

In round 1 I lost 20.7kg, I ran 5km non stop in the Asics Fun Run in week 7 and in week 11 I ran 8km non stop in the Mothers Day Classic. I came in the top 10 transformations and went to finale in Melbourne with a bunch of girls I met 12 weeks previously!! I changed!!!

One of our tasks in round 1 was to make a video showing how 12wbt had changed us to lead extraordinary lives, here's the link to my video: http://youtu.be/Xf0zuR4TUpY
I think my video better explains where I started at and the whirlwind of my first round, enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. It's probably an opportune time for me to say that I just can't imagine my life without you in it as my friend :) It sucks (well beyond sucks) that we had such rocky roads and lost people we love along the way...but I'm so glad that we both decided to grab our lives by the balls and take control at the same time!!! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete